Monday, January 16, 2012

finding joy.


The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
- Psalm 126:3

For a long time, I struggled with finding joy & contentment in my everyday life.
It's gotten easier. God has done amazing things for me, so why shouldn't I be joyful?!

Some little, ordinary things that bring me joy:
- spending time with my sweet husband
- grocery store flowers in mason jars
- reading the Psalms
- stitches coming together to make something pretty
- lovely new fabrics
- accomplishing my running workouts
- sipping my morning coffee
- FaceTime with my family
- soup & grilled cheese {yum!}
- clean dishes

What's bringing you some simple joy today?


5 comments:

Esther said...

this is lovely. i struggle with the same and hope god can bless me also.

here from life made lovely

lovinglythrown.com

Elisabeth said...

I really love this post. :) He is an amazing God!
Happy Monday friend <3

The Olive Tree Blog said...

pretty photo! I love finding joy in the small things :)

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

it can be so hard at times! i love your list :) thanks for the reminder, friend!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

**test**