Wednesday, May 16, 2012

made: my first quilt!

I had been wanting to make a quilt for a while,
but it was a project I was a little afraid to take on by myself.
I'd also been wanting to take some kind of sewing class, just for fun,
but the classes offered at Jo-Ann's weren't really cutting it for me.
Then I discovered a little quilt shop less than 10 minutes from our house,
and they were offering a beginner quilting class...
I ended up getting the last spot in the class!


I'm so glad I took the class. It was a lot of fun, and it was nice to
get out of the house for the morning, learn something new & make something pretty!


We made smaller quilts, "snuggle-sized", and I was really glad that
we went through every single step, right down to the binding
(which was the part that confused me at first).

It's not perfect, but now I have a beautiful quilt
& the skills learned to make another one very soon!


lollipops

11 comments:

Alesha said...

It's really cute! =D I LOVE making quilts! It just gets so expensive. I love the fabrics on the one.
Alesha <3

Unknown said...

It's so pretty jacky! Love it!

Nicole @ Sew Much Sunshine said...

It looks so great! I'm excited to conquer quilting too!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

can you say amazing!?

Katie said...

you did such an amazing job!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Laura Flynn said...

Awesome job, Jacky, so happy for you that you finished it! I loved your fabric selection. Hope to see you for more classes soon!

Lisa @ MMT said...

This is awesome! I love this quilt! You picked great colors and prints. How fun to take a quilting class! I've never even thought about doing that. Maybe I should learn to see first haha, but a quilting class would be fun to take. Thanks for the idea! Can't wait to see your future quilts :)

meet.make.laugh. said...

Looks awesome! Nice work!

Megan said...

What a pretty quilt! Great job :) Love the fabric you used.

Eatlovemerry said...

I love this!! Is so nice!!

Wendy said...

It's a lovely quilt! Well done for learning something new