Friday, February 18, 2011

Catie's Garden {shop feature}

a little {shop feature} for you today...



Catie is a 13 year old who has been making Fabric Flowers since last summer.
She originally opened her shop to try to raise money for a girls camp she goes to in the summer, but then her grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Her grandmother does not have very good insurance and the bills are high. Part of the money she gets from her shop goes to help her grandmother. Anything helps!


I asked Catie a few questions about herself & her shop...

If you could only choose 3 words to describe yourself, what would they be?
I would say I am funky, love to laugh, and daring.

As you work on your shop, how do you find inspiration?
I find my inspiration by looking outside (at the snow), I am a big fan of photography and one of my favorite photographers is Gordon Parks, I love how he captures the world and I love to look at them when I make flowers.
What is your favorite item in your shop right now?That's a hard question! I'd have to say the Red and Black organza flower, it reminds me of a tango dancer, I love the colors. :)
 

I'd encourage you to stop by Catie's Garden...which flower do you like the best?

*****

Only a few more hours to enter the Josiah's Nest giveaway - the winner will be announced later this afternoon!

No comments: