Friday, October 14, 2011

inspiring balloons {a guest post from mandie.}


Hello, everyone!
While I'm off enjoying newly-married life, I've asked a few of my blog friends to share with you.
I hope you enjoy their posts, and please be sure to leave some comment love! :)


*****


Hi! I'm Mandie from moxiemandie (blog - shop) and I wanted to share a little something while Jacky is busy getting married and honeymooning with her guy. I moved to Albuquerque, NM over 5 years ago to live with my handsome husband, and in doing so, was introduced to a very cool part of the culture here- hot air balloons. Now, I realize that more than likely, you know what a hot air balloon is regardless of where you live, but here in Albuquerque, ballooning is big because every year in October, our city hosts the International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, and it's a sort of magical 9 days.

balloons2

There are more car accidents during the week of balloon fiesta due to people paying more attention to the pretty baubles bobbing in the air than the roads they're driving on.


Source: etsy.com via Mandie on Pinterest
The balloon fiesta probably hosts more photographers, professional AND amateur, than any other event, and has been called the most photographed event in the world. To say that I have a blast with my iPhone (using my fave photo apps, instagram and hipstamatic) is an understatement.



Source: etsy.com via Mandie on Pinterest
So, that's the little something I wanted to share about our city. It's so fun to be a (teensy) part of something that can be so dreamy & inspiring. Thanks for having me Jacky. I hope that you and your mister are having a blast adjusting to married life! Best of wishes to you my friend.

No comments: