Wednesday, September 8, 2010

{adding some color}


If you've been reading The Sweetest Petunia for very long, I'm sure you've noticed that I love color. A lot.

(check out the {color love} section if you haven't been here long)

A while back, I had an outfit I wanted to wear. It's kind of complicated, but I had found some shoes, put together an outfit...but it just needed something. Something fun and colorful to brighten it up.

I had some Amy Butler fabric from the Love collection that I'd been hanging onto, and Mandie had posted about this scarf she made. I figured I'd give it a try!

I didn't use a tutorial, although Mandie told me a little about how she made her version. I think mine ended up being wider and shorter, but I like how it turned out. I just fastened it with a posey pin from The Pleated Poppy instead of wrapping the scarf around.


What do you think?
It was fun to wear, and even the sweetheart liked it.


Have you ever made a scarf?
If you need a little help getting started, check out Julie's fun Scarf Along tutorials!

6 comments:

Mandy England said...

It's lovely Jackie! I've been meaning to make a scarf, and this may be the inspiration that I needed to actually get 'er done :]

Unknown said...

Love it! don't you love when you hoard fabric until you find the perfect use for it?!

Unknown said...

Cute Jacky! :) Yay!

the pleated poppy said...

so fun!

Lulu said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad you did and brought me over here. Love your color posts, I love color too! My wardrobe is generally pretty neutral but I go rather vibrant with our home decor. ;)

Sandy a la Mode said...

oh my goodness, i LOVE the fabric and i love the scarf!! what a great job you did!!