Thursday, April 21, 2011

{diy} embellished gift bag

I love packaging up gifts for the people I love, for sure.
Often people can tell who the gift is from because of my wrapping "style"...

Anyway, it was a dear friend's birthday a couple of weeks ago,
and I did something a little different for her gift that I wanted to share.


what you'll need:

a plain {boring} gift bag
coordinating paper of some sort.
a hot glue gun
scissors

In my case, I picked up a plain bag at Target and some wrapping paper that matched. I knew I wanted to try something new, like a paper flower.
You might notice that it turned out a lot like the blooms in my shop... ;)


All you have to do is cut out a bunch of circles from the paper.
Fold them into quarters & begin hot gluing them in a circle.
{I traced a circle onto the gift bag as a guide before I started gluing.}
My flower is 3 layers deep, but you can play with it
until you get the look you want.
Cut a smaller circle for the middle of the flower.


And there you go!
I love how it turned out.
So much cuter than a plain bag. :)

Have fun creating!

*****

Thank you so much for your sweet comments yesterday.
My grandpa is doing well, and prayerfully, his recovery will also be smooth.

Also, you could win a sweet pouch made by me! Please stop by & check it out.

4 comments:

Mandy England said...

Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing such a fun tutorial! :)

Shellsea said...

I just found your blog today. I follow you now. Can't wait to read more.

love the gift bag idea.

shellseaoberski.blogspot.com - Giveaway today :)

Mandy Estes said...

Aw! That is too cute! :)

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

What a cute idea, Jacky!