Friday, May 24, 2013

coffee date

It's been quiet around here lately, and I have to confess...
it's because I broke the keyboard on my laptop. Oops!
I'm hoping my mister can get it fixed over the weekend,
but for now I'm just borrowing his computer. ;)

I decided to link up with Alissa this morning
because I just love coffee dates.
So, if we were having coffee together...


I'd probably mention that I broke my favorite mug (the one seen here)
earlier this week. :( I keep trying to remind myself that it's just a thing,
it's really not that important, but it's still a bummer.
Those pretty Anthro mugs up there make me smile, so someday I might replace it.

I might talk about how I feel not-good-enough when I see
some fabulous bloggy friends taking up running/completing big goals with running, etc.
I tried the whole running thing; I finished the Couch-to-5k program & all that,
I just never fell in love with running. And deep down, I know that's okay,
I just have to get it through my head on a surface level.

There are a lot of fairly big changes heading our way in the next few months.
It's exciting, but I also don't love change - I like the security of sameness.
My Jesus Calling devotional has been talking a lot lately about
letting go of what MY plans are and what I want,
and trusting Jesus' sovereignty in my life,
trusting that His plans are best and that He's in control. 
He always knows what I need and even when I need to be reminded of it. ;)

I haven't really done much sewing lately;
usually it seems like by the time I drag everything out and do all the prep work,
it's time to get everything cleaned up and put away!
But last night I had a couple of fun projects that I really needed to work on,
and it just happened that the Mister was gone with friends until late...
perfect timing for me to get stuff done.
I'll be sharing some of those projects here soon!

My overall goal for this year is still to SIMPLIFY,
so I've cleaned out closets/cabinets/nooks/crannies/etc.
over the past few months. If you're interested,
I set up a separate Instagram account so I can do a
shop-my-closet type sale.
I have lots of handmade accessories & such
that I would love to send off to a new home!
Follow the sale @petuniascloset

And that's just a random smattering of
what's on my mind right now...
How about YOU?
How are you doing, what have you been up to?

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you need to go to a prom? And you want to buy a beautiful prom dress but only to find all of these in the shops are too expensive. So come to have a look there plus size dresses nz You will not be disappointed.