Tuesday, May 7, 2013

SNAP! 2013 // learning


other SNAP! posts

>>>>> <<<<<

I got to meet so many fantastic people while I was at SNAP!,
and I also got to attend a bunch of really great classes.
there were a lot of choices (I had a hard time choosing!),
a lot of amazing speakers, TONS of information.


some of my favorite classes:

Basic Blogging Tips for Online Success

even though I've been blogging for a while, I really enjoyed this class;
it was a great refresher, plus some new perspectives to think about.
oh, and they put the notes from their class online,
so I don't have to share all of my crazy notes! ;)




How To Do It All

I really struggle with time management
& getting everything done, so this class was for me!

favorite tips:
> stick with your goals & be specific with your time
> make wise choices before taking on too much..
> set time limits for yourself!
> be realistic - budget your time.
be consistent, but don't overdo it.
> don't put your blog before your family.
> be flexible!

Running a Handmade Business


you can read about Amy's talk here.

favorite tips:
> sometimes you have to learn
what works for you/your customers
by trial & error.
> stay on top of trends;
they change frequently.
> try to find a good photographer
to work with.
> set yourself hours to work.
> be open to constructive criticism.
> find the things that inspire you & do them.
> don't be afraid to up your prices; it has
to be worth it. don't sell yourself short!
> sometimes you have to take a chance
& invest in your business.
> be willing to give a LOT.
everything comes back to you
and MORE.
> learn as you go & be patient
with yourself. be open to new ideas,
but stay focused on what works.

>>>>> <<<<<

that's just a taste of things I learned;
I have pages & pages of notes!

do any of these tips stand out to you?
what are you most interested in learning about
when it comes to blogging/handmade businesses?

6 comments:

Alanna said...

Hey,
Got your comment on my blog. It was so great to meet you too! I am also trying to still go through all of my stuff I brought back. Yikes, it is taking a long time and my kids keep pawing through it!

Melissa Blake said...

Looks like you had a great time!

The Pennington Point said...

What a great post! You went to some classes I missed so I learned some tips here that you learned...Hooray! I am so glad you got some help from our class. Let me know if you need support! Thanks, Lisa~

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Great post! You covered three classes I didn't get to make it to which is awesome!

Speaking of SNAP!...Today, I am starting a social media blog hop with 5 other ladies I met at Snap Conference. Each week features a new social media link up starting with Facebook today. I hope you will come over to link up at Just Us Four!

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

Thanks for sharing, Jacky! I love hearing about your time at SNAP! :)

Unknown said...

so beautiful dress,including design prom dress online free amazon black prom dresses if you want to know more Please visit our website http://www.emilygowns.com/