Monday, December 6, 2010

creating a {mostly} handmade holiday


I love handmade. I really, really do.
So this year for Christmas, I decided that I wanted to make as many gifts as I could.
I'm almost done!

My gift list included an array of crocheted projects, sewing, and a little hot glue. :)
I found three ideas that would be so fun to give as gifts, just in case you need some ideas.




I made a few of these flowers {in a smaller size} into pins.
They're so lovely, and really, really easy.
I just hot-glued mine instead of sewing them.




If you know how to crochet, this is the perfect easy gift idea.
I've made three of these already!
{and many thanks to Lisa for sharing it with us!}




I haven't made this pouch {although I have made some other ruffled goodies for gifts},
but it looks so cute, and the step-by-step instructions look fairly simple.

Edie also hosted a {12 Days of Handmade Christmas} if you need more ideas!

What have you been making lately?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I make & sell handmade hula hoops, hemp jewelry & tie dye, so everyone on my list is getting handmade, along with small store-bought gifts!!! I also love buying handmade!!!

PS - Wanted to say thanks again, I got my hat from Mandipidy from your giveaway & I absolutely love it! Thanks for the week of giveaways!


xoxo

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I just opened an Etsy shop full of jewelry! I'm still way in the beginning stages & struggling to, you know, convince people to buy, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it!

kate @ be merry, kate said...

Oh I love my neck warmer! I wore it for the first time today - its a high of 26 out - and I cannot even tell you how comfy and warm it was! :) Thanks again love!

*kate

The Bonjour Four said...

ahhh love that flower! i've seen that around blogland and have wanted to make one! think i might. thanks for the reminder. :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww that flower is soo cute!! and soo is that scarf!! i also saw what you gave to your swap partner and love it!! thanks for joining!! :)

Em {Emerging Em} said...

I'm hoping to make handmade gifts this year too! My mom has mentioned that she wants a necklace, and I'm making scarves for a few people too.