Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{recipe} cheesy chicken lasagna

I really do enjoy cooking.
I seldom get to try new recipes {my dad can't have any kind of dairy,
which really limits the options}, but I was able to make a recipe last week
that I found while browsing Pinterest.
I thought I'd share; maybe you'll want to try something new!

cheesy chicken lasagna
{the recipe can be found here; I'd encourage you to
read her thoughts on it before you start cooking.}

2 cans (12 oz) evaporated milk (not fat-free)
1 (1 oz) pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
3 C. cubed, cooked, chicken
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16oz) lasagna noodles, cooked (she recommends reducing it to 8 oz to 12 oz)
1 1/2 to  2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 to  2 C mozzarella cheese, grated



Cook the chicken and noodles first at the same time. Once noodles are done–rinse in cold water and set aside (it keeps them from sticking together). Combine evaporated milk (don’t use fat-free version) and Ranch dressing in a 3 quart heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved. Stir in chicken and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes (don’t do any less), stirring frequently. {keep the heat low - I got impatient & turned it up and the mixture separated} Layer half of lasagna noodles, poultry sauce, and cheese in well-buttered 9×13 pan. Repeat layers again. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.


Yum! ;)

Happy cooking!

linking up with Krystina...

1 comment:

Sandy a la Mode said...

umm yes please!! i want some!!