Monday, April 2, 2012

dressing up a brown paper bag

I love to wrap up pretty packages for people I love.
Even though the paper gets thrown away, gifts are so much more enjoyable when
they look nice on the outside, too {at least I think so!}.

My dear friend Elisabeth turned 20 yesterday,
and this is her gift all wrapped up:

This is one of my favorite ways to wrap gifts.
I have a boatload of plain brown lunch bags that aren't very pretty by themselves,
but add a lacy doily & a little ribbon, and it's good to go!

What is your favorite way to add a little pizzazz to a gift?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

It's beautiful Jacky! I love the idea of simple but elegant packaging :)

Chrissy said...

It looks lovely! Happy Monday xxx

Unknown said...

so so cute!

kate @ be merry, kate said...

I love using real fabric ribbon on packages - especially big red bows on Christmas ones!

xoxo

Nicole said...

LOOOVE! i dressed up some packages several months ago by sewing brown paper together with a colored zigzag stitch. it was literally so simple and cute.

totally pinning this awesome idea. thank YOU!

happy tuesday friend
xo