Tuesday, July 12, 2011

{sponsor love + a discount!} Rags to Stitches

Happy Tuesday to you!
I'm excited to be sharing about one of my new sponsors today, Alissa.
I hope you'll read on to learn more about her, see her cute products
and leave her some comment love!

*****


Hi! My name is Alissa and I blog over at Rags to Stitches. I'm married to the love of my life and we've been together for almost 7 years. In that time we've had our fair share of adventures and I'm so excited for the many more to come. My career began as an elementary and middle school teacher and shifted after the birth of our beautiful baby girl Miss K in 2008. Miss K is now two and a half and is one of the most precious joys of our lives. Her smile and laughter can brighten anyone's day. In late 2009 we were blessed with another bundle of joy, who we lovingly refer to as Buddy. He is my sensitive, cuddle bug and already looks up to his sister. Being 17 months apart, I'm not going to lie, they keep me on my toes, but I'd rather dance around on my toes all day, then miss a single moment with them.

{yellow vintage iPad snuggie}
Rags to Stitches Boutique, the shop, was born in 2009. I had begun sewing when I was pregnant with Miss K. You know that constant urge to create, organize and nest.... well that's where it started for me. A self-taught sewer, not perfect, but learning, I began sewing things for my little girl and suddenly others began asking me if I would make those things for them. First it was burp cloths and nursing cover ups, then wipes cases and infant car seat canopies. After some nudging from my husband, the loving entrepreneur, I created Rags to Stitches. I could have never imagined it would grow into the business it has and I'm so blessed to be a work at home mom.

{custom car seat canopy}
How do you find inspiration for your work?
Lately I've been finding a lot of inspiration on Pinterest. I find colors, styles, words of inspiration that spark new ideas to create. My biggest passion though is my blog. I love sharing my family's adventures.

{ruffled checkbook cover}

What is your favorite item from your shop?
It would have to be my Custom Crib Bumpers!!
{cute!}

{ discount! }

use the code RAGSTOSTITCHES for 10% off your order!

connect with Alissa here:




1 comment:

Mandy England said...

Cute crib bumpers! I didn't even think to check handmade for baby bedding!